Sunday 6 September 2015

Project #6

I haven't sewed in over 4 months for to various reasons (decorating (so much decorating) and life being a little poop frankly) but I finally got around to digging out my sewing machine and making Rowan a new pair of trousers.  Since he's been potty trained it's difficult finding trousers that actually stay up - it's surprising how much bulk a nappy provides! Making your own mean you can adjust where necessary to fit.

I used Burda 9822 (view D).  Rowan measured perfectly for the smallest size, so I didn't need to adapt the pattern. Always a happy bonus!  Despite sewing the correct seam allowance etc. they still ended up too big which has annoyed me, but at least he'll have something to grow into.

Burda 9822. Very quick and easy to sew

The fabric I used was from an abundance of free material given to me, and although it is nice enough and easy to work with, I'll be glad when I've used it up and can go out and buy some fabric I've chosen! It's a slightly stretchy denim so should be hard wearing.  Rowan picked out a ladybird motif to decorate the pocket.

Rowan's 'say cheese' face.

 Drawstring waist, and big pockets.
Perfect for a toddler!

 The motif Rowan picked out.  I re-enforced
it with zigzag stitch so hopefully it'll last


I really should have cropped some of these photos but haven't figured out all the editing tools on my software.  If I waited to work that out too, it might have taken another four months before I posted anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the ladybird motif.

Love Lynn

Lainey said...

Half the battle is getting Rowan to actually wear trousers. Having the ladybird he chose as an enticement helps :)